Subject: PC 4.0 Boolean errors
From: Manuel Coats <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 10:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

Has anybody else been having problems with booleans on the PC 4.0 
version?  I am getting large chunks or holes in my objects after 
performing boolean unions.  Because I am dealing with an object that has 
over 10,000 polygons I usually don't catch it right off until I render a 
screen.  Points are merged after an operation and any non-planar polygons 
that appear are tripled.  I just don't get it.  I have been modeling for 
some time now on the amiga version and have not run across problems like 
this.  I hate it when it takes 3 times as long to create an object than 
it should just because I have to go back, track down the erros and repair 
them manually.  Just curious if anybody else ran into these problems and 
if it is a known bug. This doesn't happen on low polygon objects or when 
strictly using primatives.  

Manny

PS: Before I get responses to make sure my cutter object is not 
intersecting the cuttee in the undesired places... It's not.  As far as 
booleans go, I consider myself very well versed in them.  Both cuttee and 
cutter are modelled correctly (i.e. no non planar polys, points had been 
merged throughout each operation), etc.  Ugh, this is a pain.

Manny

--
Manuel Coats <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]